Best wedding lenses for sony a7iii, in this guide we have selected some Sony A7 III lenses for wedding photography and video. The selected wedding photography lenses are budget-friendly feature high-grade optics. You can also use the Sony A7 III camera for filmmaking while using these lenses.
1. Lenses Required for Wedding Photography and Cinematography
At weddings, we mainly need a good coverage lens to cover the entire event and wedding rituals if any. The next lens we require is for candid shots. So, basically, we need at least two lenses. If you have more budget you can also add telephoto lenses as well as ultrawide lenses too for some creative shots.
2. The Coverage Lens – Best wedding lenses for Sony a7 III
The best wedding photography and videography lens for the Sony A7 III camera are Tamron 25-75mm F2.8 RXD. The lens features a constant F2.8 aperture and can be used for both wedding photography and cinematography purpose. The lens also features moisture-resistant construction for reliable protection against the elements. The RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) stepping motor unit operates with remarkable quietness, making it perfect for video use.
Major features of this lens
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast F/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably light weight (19.4 oz.) and compact (4.6 in).
- Close-focusing; Minimum Object Distance: 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 15.3 in at the telephoto position.
- All-new “RXD” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Exciting next-generation design keeping the brand consistency that is ergonomically superb.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating for weather protection.
- Compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” feature that enables Sony cameras to instantly switch between autofocus and manual focus.
3. The Portrait Lens
Sigma 85mm F1.4 ART Lens for candid and portrait the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN is an Art-series. The f/1.4 maximum aperture enables working in low-light conditions, the lens is known for its sharpness with well-controlled distortion and aberrations. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions. Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting. Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity. Highly Recommended for professional portrait photography.
These are the two must have lenses for wedding photography, if you have more budget then you can also buy ultra-wide zoom like Tamron 17-28 lens or Tamron 70-180mm lens for creative wedding photography.